Pelican Valley Care Center opened its $4 million addition in January 2017. With our new addition, we upgraded our mechanical systems and added two new wings to our building. Our new addition features 20 rooms. All rooms in our new addition have a bathroom with a walk-in shower. Whether it’s a single or double room, there is plenty of floor space, creating a roomy and welcoming environment. Our newly designed double rooms provide privacy with a wall dividing the two rooms. Our care center has 20 private rooms, most of which have views looking out over the beautiful Pelican River and famous suspension bridge. We’re the perfect place to recover from a surgery or illness or to receive long-term skilled nursing services.
Pelican Valley Care Center has been a part of the Pelican Rapids community since 1963. We pride ourselves in being small enough to care but large enough to serve. Our care center has 33 Medicare licensed beds. We provide 24-hour care and have a licensed nurse on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A physician will work with you and our team to create an individualized plan of care that meets your personal medical needs. At Pelican Valley Care Center, we work with each person to achieve and maintain their highest level of independence through personalized care. We provide highly skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, and comfort care. Our goal is to make home for our residents in partnership with their families. We are proud to offer the following services in our facility:
- Full-range of skilled nursing services – long term care, short-term (transitional) care, rehabilitation, respite, and hospice
- Nutritious home-cooked meals three times a day and snacks
- Licensed nurses available 24/7
- Medicare and Medicaid-certified
- Daily housekeeping, linen, and personal laundry services
- Life enriching activities
- On-site beauty salon
- Professional physical, occupational and speech therapy is provided on-site through Rehab Plus and Fitness.
- Specialized care team including:
- Physicians assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Social services
- Certified nursing assistants
- Licensed registered dietitian
- Hospice services
If you are interested in long-term or short-term placement at Pelican Valley Care Center, please contact us! Our Admissions Coordinator can be reached at 218-863-2991 x27713.
Are you having surgery and need a short-term rehab stay before heading home? Pre-plan your admission today! We will work with you and have a room ready for your arrival once discharged from the hospital. Our caring staff at Pelican Valley and the therapists from Rehab Plus will help you reach your goals and get you back to your independent lifestyle.