Our number one priority is the health, wellness, and safety of those we serve and our staff. We are actively taking steps to mitigate any illness related to influenza and/or coronavirus (COVID-19) in our facilities. The recommendations and advice from health agencies is continuously evolving. We are responding by taking proactive measures out of the safety and concern for those we serve.
For the most up-to-date information, visit the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Established a COVID-19 Taskforce to review information from the CDC and state departments of health daily. The Taskforce will evaluate the risks and determine appropriate actions as needed, including updating standard plans.
- Enhanced Pelican Valley and Knute Nelson staff education and training on COVID-19 to recognize and report symptoms
- Limiting entry points to the main entrance (maroon awning)
- Posting signs on our entryway doors
- Restricting individuals, visitors and vendors, and requiring them to follow strict visiting standards that have been recommended by health agencies.
- Increased our cleaning regimes for common surfaces and equipment
- Implementing a no visitor policy except for end-of-life or special circumstances. Emergency situations/visits will be considered on an individual basis.
- Enhanced standard practices for good hygiene and infection control. Hand sanitizer is widely available at all entrances and throughout the building.
- Employees who are feeling ill are mandated to stay home. Screening is being enforced to monitor symptoms as well as recent travel patterns.
- We are working with our suppliers for needed supplies while avoiding stockpiling that could exacerbate shortages.
- Reliable and verified information is being communicated by Pelican Valley and Knute Nelson to staff, residents and the public through our website, social media, email and/or print notifications.
Please note: This is a fluid situation and updates are in continuous development.
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
- Coronavirus disease 2019 and you – fact sheet
- Flattening the Curve
- Frequently Asked Questions for COVID-19
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services https://www.cms.gov/
- Minnesota Department of Health https://www.health.state.mn.us/index.html
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/