Pelican Valley Senior Living is a great place to live and it’s a great place to work! We offer:
- competitive wages
- flexible scheduling
- generous paid time off (up to 15 paid days off your first year!)
- double time pay for holidays worked
- paid holidays off for qualified full time employees
- Retirement plans with 100% employer match up to 4%
- Two types of health insurance plans- traditional and high deductible with HSA contributions
- shift differentials
- tuition reimbursement and scholarships available
- a fun work environment
- NEW BENEFIT- Paid caregiver leave!
Ask us how we can pay for 100% of your college tuition and cost of books! If you’re a nurse, ask us about our student loan repayment program.
Come be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of our residents every single day. Join our caring campus and see what makes us a great place to live and a great place to work. See why our average employee has been with us for almost eight years!
We have been a part of the Pelican Rapids community for more than 50 years. Our facility prides itself in being small enough to care but large enough to serve. Our three buildings on our campus make up a complete continuum of care from our assisted living Riverfront Manor, to our enhanced 24 hour assisted living Riverfront on Main and our skilled nursing facility, Pelican Valley Care Center. We are locally owned and have been operated by the Pelican Valley Hospital District Board of Directors since 1977. We have been proudly managed by Ecumen since 1997. Founded more than 150 years ago, Ecumen is one of the nation’s top 20 largest non-profit providers of senior housing and services.
If you’re interested in becoming a caregiver or want to explore a new career, give us a call!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Pelican Valley Care Center:
Part Time PM Dining Assistant: We are seeking a dining assistant to join our fun dietary team! This position is a PM position from 3:45pm – 8pm and works every other weekend and holiday. Starting wage is $11.21/hour plus experience. No experience necessary, we will train. The Dining Assistant is responsible for assisting with food preparation, serving and cleanup. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations.
Part Time to Full Time Cook: This position is responsible for proper food prep, cooking and service of food while recognizing special diets, resident’s dietary needs and requests. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations. No Experience Necessary, we will train! Starting wage is $13.64 per hour plus experience.
Full Time and Part Time PM LPN or RN: We are looking for a part time nurse to join our team on PMs! We offer competitive wages and experience credit. Starting wage is $21/hour for LPNs and $27/hour for RNs plus $1.50/hour shift differential! This shift works 2:00pm – 10:30pm. The position includes every other holiday and weekend. The RN/LPN is responsible for assessing and coordinating care needed for residents of an assigned station, nursing staff, and overall operation of their assigned station to ensure quality care. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for making doctor appointments as needed, prepare charts prior to the visits, have current information regarding resident condition, and accompany physician on rounds to provide updates.
- Responsible for new admissions and hospital returns, ensuring care plans are updated, implemented, and maintained.
- Monitors weight loss and nutrition of residents and report those nutritionally at risk to Dietary and follow through with recommendations.
- Responsible for the orientation and work assignment of nursing personnel in their unit in order to ensure the nursing needs of their station.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions, vital signs and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of any change in resident’s condition, and updates charts to reflect this.
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by the physician, including family instruction.
- Supervises and assists with resident’s activities of daily living.
- Assists in coordinating the activities of nursing service with those of other departments.
This position requires a person who has graduated from an accredited school of nursing as well as having obtained RN/LPN licensure.
Full Time and Part Time NOC RN or LPN: We have a great opportunity for an LPN or RN to join our night shift team! We offer competitive wages and experience credit. Starting wage is $21/hour for LPNs and $27/hour for RNs plus $5/hour shift differential! This shift works 10pm – 6:30am. The position includes every other holiday and weekend. The RN/LPN is responsible for assessing and coordinating care needed for residents of an assigned station, nursing staff, and overall operation of their assigned station to ensure quality care.
PRN/As Needed LPN or RN: We are always accepting applications for a nurse wanting to join our team and set their own schedule.
Part Time PM shift CNAs: We are seeking a part time PM shift CNA to join our team! Starting wage is $15.55/hour plus $1.50 shift differential. This position includes every other weekend and every other holiday. Double pay on Holidays! Click the link below to apply!
We are always accepting applications for PRN/As Needed CNAs.
Apply for any of these jobs here.
PRN Resident Assistants: No CNA required! This position is PRN/As Needed and can work a variety of shifts! Starting wage is $13.50/hour plus shift differential for working PMs or Nights. Shift differentials are $1.50/hour for PMs and $2/hour for Nights! This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being. No experience necessary, we will train!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director per individualized care plan.
- Documents and reports changes in physical and emotional condition.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Lead and assist resident activities as assigned.
- Promotes independence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
Apply for any of these jobs here.
Pelican Valley is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.